Prepare for session
Prepare for session
Session time is limited. Try to prepare so you get the most from our time together! When you book a session on my secure client portal, you will then be able to complete intake questions before the session so we can spend most of the first session getting to know each other. Here are some links to help you if you don't understand what to do:
- Complete Guide to the Client Portal
- How to log in to the Client Portal Step by step instructions on how to log into the Client Portal for the first time, along with troubleshooting tips.
- Secure Messaging Guide A full overview on how clients can use Secure Messaging to communicate with their therapist.
- Online Booking Guide The entire Online Booking process covered, so clients can easily request appointments.
- Billing and Payments Details how clients can view their payment history and billing documents, and even make credit card payments. Or for Insurance Reimbursement get help using Better.
- Getting Started with Telehealth | Empezando con Telehealth
Next, get a small notebook to bring to sessions. You can use it for journaling, notes, homework, resources, and progress on your goals. To prepare mentally and emotionally for the session, try these steps:
- Set goals. Communicate your needs, understand your therapy goals. Ask yourself, "If I could improve my life/or relationship, what would that look like? What difference would that make for me?" List your top priorities for therapy and bring that list with you to session.
- Think about what gets in the way of feeling at your best. Write down any problems or symptoms, noting when they started and whether they get worse in particular situations.
- How healthy is your family? Just 3 minutes to take this free evaluation of family functioning from Family Therapy Institute. Email the results. Heck, why not buy the book How's Your Family Really Doing?
- Take a health assessment. Wonder if you have a mental health condition? Complete an assessment at HealthGrades.com. You'll find out if you might suffer from a condition, along with coping tips. Email the results, and we'll discuss it so I can help you most effectively.
- Arrive early to catch your breath in the lobby. When you're relaxed, you'll be able to think clearly. I will be with you shortly, but feel free to text my number 805-633-0625 once you are here.
- Questions? Here are frequently asked questions that might help.